Rues and Ruts!!!  

Posted by Aishu in

of a 22 year old. :-(
        I am 22 and I don't feel good about it. The thought that I stand here at this juncture of my life , having acheived nothing, makes me want to cogitate over what I have been doing with this carnal self of mine for 22 long years. 22!! The very sound of the number is disgusting. I don't know why, 21 was a sexy age. It kind of made me feel proud to trumpet out I was 21 to people who questioned me about my age. '21' in a husky tone was what my mental image portrayed . But 22 (yuck), it creates visceral sensation which I do not like in the least bit...Blech!!!!!!!!!!
       Time is a cruel tyrant and a bad teacher. He burdens people with more than what they can take, and seldom wait for them to understand the gravity of things. If only I could reel back in time and ensconce in the vagrant certainities of my 2 year old self!!!! Sigh!!!
The things that I miss about the days of everything-is-perfect childhood:
Baby Doll Me.:-) .
1. I am no longer the cute, chubby, green eyed, daring doll like daughter of a professor, whose visits to the college campus were celebrated with maximum cuddling and cajoling and 'Awwwwww.. How cute!'s. I am instead the akka of my mom's students.
2. The female actors are younger than me for crying out loud (What the hell man??? :-(  no morelike :'( )
3. I miss living life just for the sheer joy of living it rather than for the sake of keeping my Facebook account hip and happening.
4. Playing hide and seek was much more fun than now me having to deal with people playing with my feelings.
5. Responsibility seems to be an evergrowing gift forcefully endowed upon me.
6. You must have guessed by now, I have become a huge complaint box.
7. The knowledge that a word, sentence or even gestures could convey a lot more than what it was intended to, has only made me ignorant of the vacous pleasure of infanthood.
      Whoever is working on time machine, please , I assure you that I will be you best friend forever. Please help me go a good 18 years back and if you happen to invent a freeze button, please use it. To all 21 year olds, don't carry off a 'world belongs to me' attitude. You are soon going to get stuck in this bull shit mire of responsibilities and depression a.k.a the disgusting sounding 22. (Sigh!)

This entry was posted on Dec 16, 2010 at Thursday, December 16, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 feedbacks

loofahs can't work in the same team :-)  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Anonymous  

you are still a baby doll :-)

Friday, December 17, 2010

Nice one, Aishu :):)
"Playing hide and seek was much more fun than now me having to deal with people playing with my feelings." -- shall v get d context ? :P :P

Friday, December 17, 2010
Anonymous  

@ guru..yeah sure..u can get it ..i ll send it by courier tomorrow :-P
it's really simple guru..you studied context switching in OS right ?similar to that ..ppl are making me switch too many contexts.

Friday, December 17, 2010
Anonymous  

i second you, Aishu...this world is no longer the fun place i had imagined.... its full of selfishness,jealousy and enemity.... No care and affection at all... i totally agree with the people playing with other's feelings part..bad right ??? And Aishu:) if am not wrong i remember we both sitting in the first bench in J block when you were worrying about you turning 21....Now you are missing being 21... So i think time is not all that bad thing and i bet that you will miss being 22... and what is there with the age aishu... how young you are at heart only matters :) :)

Monday, December 20, 2010
Anonymous  

very true preethi :-)

Monday, December 20, 2010

I totally understand the scenario Aishu !!! I had d same feeling when I turned 20 and I have already posted it in my blog...but now after reading your post I feel happy to say that I am 21 n plz don get mad at me! I too have 6 more months to enjoy 21 and then yes !!! huh I ud turn 22 !!! It is seriously a sick feeling Aishu and we are all Aunty's and not Akka's !!! I am sure we can never go back to d most wonderful childhood ! but still we ought to go through tis !! lots more coming up gal !! Lets enjoy the most mysterious life till then v r clueless, similar to our reactions when somebody ask us 'Aishu and Sneha in what means are you relatives' Ends with a BLINK !!!

Monday, December 27, 2010

The last sentence , super punch saras....:).... Yeah my team mates' kids already calling me aunty.. (sob.. sob..). But this is kind of exciting in its own way... :)

Monday, December 27, 2010
Anonymous  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monday, December 27, 2010
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monday, December 27, 2010

Post a Comment

THE CAT!!!